May is Content Marketing Month. Have you checked your web content lately?
Sometimes, we take our web content for granted. We publish some web pages and then move on to something else, leaving the website to take care of itself.
But as your business evolves, changes inevitably happen. Shouldn’t your online content reflect those changes?
With Content Marketing Month (#contentmarketingmonth) just around the corner, now’s the perfect time to revisit your web content, and make sure you’re getting the most out of your online investment.
What should you be looking for? Here are just a few things to check:
- About Us Page: Anything new and exciting happening in your business? Is there a new philosophy you’d like to share? If your About Us page is more than a year or two old, it might be time to freshen it up.
- Your Changing Audience: Are you reaching a whole new audience than when you first started out? Consider using a new voice to reach those customers, while preserving your original message.
- Check your Browsers: Does your content appear the same between Chrome, Explorer, Safari, and Firefox? Sometimes, text doesn’t transfer very nicely between different browsers, resulting in weird spacing or unwanted word truncation. Have a look in as many different browsers as you can, and make any necessary fixes.[tweetthis]May is Content Marketing Month! Are you ready? #contentmarketing #contentmarketingmonth[/tweetthis]
- Go Mobile: It’s also a great time to have a look at your mobile content. With the nicer weather, people are spending more time outdoors and relying on their mobile devices to stay connected. Is your website fully optimized for smartphones and tablets?
- Landing pages: Of course, these should be regularly monitored if you’re running a campaign. But if you’ve left them static for a while, consider changing things up a little. Even a minor tweak can bring in huge results!
Keeping on top of your content will keep your messages looking fresh, improve search results, and increase reader loyalty and engagement.
If you need help assessing your online content, why not contact us for a free content report? There’s no obligation, and you’ll be getting a professional second opinion on a crucial part of your content marketing setup.
Happy Content Marketing Month!